Click to enlarge
Last Update: 16 December 2012
Reason for Update: Fresh polls from Roy Morgan and Ipsos for Fairfax Media
Seat change since last update: National (+1), Greens (-2) (Maori Party loses an overhang)
Current Status: National Government (Team Blue 63 vs Team Red 59)
How is the New Zealand poll average calculated?
- Only the last poll for each pollster is used in the average .
- Face to face polls are not to be included in the average.
- Polls will be kept in the average until the 30th day after the day of publication.
- Each poll is weighted by number of respondents in the poll. A poll of 1500 respondents has 3 times more weight in the average than a poll of 500 respondents.
- The seat allocation is determined under the MMP systems in place at the last election.
- Constituency seats held by minor parties are assumed as per the last election (Green 0, NZ First 0, Maori Party 3, Mana Party 1, ACT 1, United Future 1).